Hippie's Search Here Man.....

Saturday, July 9, 2016

I'm Changing, I Think?

I've been away for a few years for so many reasons...The last two years, or so, I've been dealing with an early form of Alzheimer's and a Peanut M&M size tumor in my brain (I've named it Lohi)...All this time I thought it was the bad acid I did while listening to White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane or Stink-Foot by Frank Zappa at maximum decibels! My lovely wife, Maureen, deals with my nonsense in a sweet, loving way...Loosing memories is the worst...
I can dig not remembering my age! It is what it is...My wife tells me that I've become more vocal about the world we live in...She tells me I've lost my "filters" which means I say it like I believe it to be, no matter who it may offend...No one has punched me yet! So, I apologize in advance if I offend anyone with my future "un-filtered" blog content...
I'm not 100% convinced that lying will put me on the bad side of Baby Jesus or send me straight to hell...My lack of memory causes me to lie! Maui is a small island so people often stop me to chat when I'm out running errands...Most times I have no clue who these kind people are but they obviously know me...I immediately go into my acting mode and just follow their lead as if I've known them forever, I lie! I don't know how to tell people that I don't remember them, so I lie! These aren't the people that just make eye contact and give Shaka...These are the people that come right up to you with huge smiles and their hand extended...It's awkward and embarrassing, so I lie!


My wife, Maureen, is the most amazing woman on earth! Maui, to say the least, is a desirable place to visit...When friends and/or family decide to visit, Maureen takes time to show me photos and tells me what I need to know about our visitors...It's helpful so I can study faces and ask questions...When our visitors arrive, I'm not completely in the dark...

When we're all sitting around having a cold beer and just talking story, it's hard for me to believe they're talking about me in these stories when I can't remember a dang thing...It's as if they're talking about someone else...It's freaky man! I couldn't possibly be the one they talk about...I should be in prison! I don't feel like I've changed much...I get frustrated more because I don't remember...My comfort zone is when I see and communicate with the same people everyday...I eat at the same places, golf and fish with the same people...It's not fair to my wife because I won't do anything different than what I do everyday...I'm always afraid that I'll run into someone I'm supposed to know, and have to lie, AGAIN!


My Brain Doctor wants me to quit driving because I lost my way a couple of times...Where am I going to go? I live on an island! I seem to get disoriented at night mostly...I did stop driving at night...I try my best to enjoy my life and the lives of those around me...I love making people smile, especially during dark times...I thought it would be far-out to create instructions for those who might find me if I happen to be walking around the streets with my wife's bra on my head...In case you're wondering about the instruction tattoo, shown here, which is on my upper right arm, I have my wife's name and her phone number tattooed on my butt! I pity the cop that finds me and has to pull my britches down to get my wife's phone number...I'm guessing he or she might just turn around and leave, and leave me for the next shift! Can't blame em! My tattoo makes people smile and serves a purpose...I'm a happy hippie!

So, that's been my world for a while...All this crap is boring man so I'm going to stop for now...

Peace

1 comment:

  1. Hey BRO! Love the new tattoo!! SO GREAT to have you back:D Glad you're happy, that's what counts. Tommy and I (Shari) love you!!

    ReplyDelete